We know because we are a seafood and wine festival most people do not think of this is an event for children. But we have always had activities for the little ones and this year the festival will offer more than ever for kids.
1) Jumps, slide and rockwall will all be a part of the festival landscape. This year we are adding the Wake Attack, a fun trampoline ride for all ages.
2) Kid’s entertainment: Our Entertainment Stage will feature the beloved Captain Jack Spareribs and on Saturday Calvin Kai Ku performing amazing gymnastics and balancing feats. Sunday Jack will be back along with the soft-spoken, hilarious Merry Mary. Tight-rope walking, juggling and hilarity guaranteed. See our Entertainment Pages for more information and show times.
3) We have a 5′ x 18′ color-in mural, featuring images which have been taken over the years at the show. This activity is free and for all ages.
4) Stewards of the Coast & Redwoods will bring out their new Interactive Environmental Exhibit Van. This is will be both educational and fun for all ages.
5) Clementine the Amazing will be face-painting throughout the weekend with her crew of artisans.
6) The Painting Garden with Rebecca Love will be back with her wonderful selection of ceramics which children, or anyone for that matter, can paint and take home.
The festival always has a great selection of food, both seafood and non, so generally there is something for all ages to eat, including hot dogs, corn dogs, burgers, fries, fried shrimp, and other kid-friendly treats like ice cream, cupcakes and kettlecorn.
We also have such a wonderful collection of unique artists who do the show that oftentimes that ends up being the best entertainment for the younger set. Just seeing some of the remarkable things our craftspeople make can be inspiring and intriguing to youngsters.